Gospel Buzz Interview: Jaycee Radebe

In 5 words, Who is Jaycee Radebe?
Jaycee is a perpose driven singer, song writter stylist and  entrepreneur

How did your music journey begin?
My music journey startated when I was 7 years old when I was hand picked to lead a song in a clap and tap choir and everyone was amazed by my ability to sing.

Of all genres, Why Gospel Music?
It was not a choice for me to sing gospel its something I grew into. 

What makes Jaycee Radebe unique from other Gospel Artists out there?
I am different because of my versatility in my style of singing and song writting with ability to do from traditional to contemporary. and I am not just a singer song writter i also  am a stylist in the clothing industry


We hear you are currently preparing for a new album/DVD, *The story of God's grace* tell us more?
I am recording my second live DVD on the 5th of May at New Life Church in Brynston. The show featurs Mabongi; Sgwili and Siyakha. Also,  same day we will be honouring Dr Rebecca Malope for paving a way for us in the industry. Tickets already availableat Computicket.

Lately we see music consumers complaining about SA Gospel Artists not writing new songs, What is your take on this?
My take is that we artists must not be dictated to by whats currently working for other people or the norm but allow ourself to be creative and write songs. Another thing, if you dont read the gospels (Bible) you wont be able to write gospel songs

How does one prepare for a live DVD recording?
Intense rehersals, prayer and  hard work. 

You won an Ingoma Award last year, tell us more?
The Ingoma Award that is one of my highlights as an artist. I got nominated four times and won the Best Collaboration award for my song Umoya Owavusa uKrestu with Israel Mosehla.

Please share your Social Media handles with us
Twitter and Instagram @jaycee_radebe and Facebook its Jaycee Radebe

Finaly, one advice for upcoming artists...
My advise is: "Before you do anything, find out from the one's whos being where you want to go, how to get there". Also "Never give up." #GospelBuzz